I Putu Pager was born in Penatahan, Penebel, Tabanan-Bali on November 27th, 1934. His mother was a teacher during the period when Bali was still a Dutch colony, and his father was a Bendesa / Traditional village master. Since childhood he has been fond of painting. In 1956 he married a girl from Surabaya and now he has six children.
- Learn to paint by autodidact 1955 used Oil on Canvas, his painting spread to the book store “VAN DOI” sold easily
- While he has worked at advertisement biro for 4 year, he always did his main job as a painter and never leave to paint.
- 1961 he leaved Surabaya back to Bali and stay in beautiful village worked as a farmer but more serious to develop his painted skill for two years.
- 1963 back to Sanur in farmer place Sindu built art painting studio
- 1966 as a membership of Yayasan Pembina Desa Sanur Culture and Tourism of Sanur
- 1967 Built painting stores employed drop out students.
- To built open stage dance performance of all kinds Balinese dance.
- 1967 built a bar and restaurant in Sanur.
- 1974 made a place for hanging some painting in Tanah Lot it was the one and the first on that time.
- 1977 was pointed as a coordinator section to arrange exhibition in Art Centre Denpasar for 8 years.
- 1978 he built “Carlo Bar” and restaurant in Sanur.
- 1980 He created his own style painting impressionistie through his special technic.