I Wayan Bendi was born in 1950, Batuan, Gianyar, Bali. He learned painting from his father, I Wayan Taweng.
The worlds of traditional life and modern tourism humorously blend together in his works which are completely filled with fantastic scenes of Balinese life. One of his paintings was enlarged into a huge tile mural at the FukuokaArt Museum in Japan.
- Fukuoka Art Museum (Japan, 1985)
- Festival of Indonesia (U.S.A., 1990-1992)
- World Presidents Organization (Washington, D.C., U.S.A. 1992)
- Gate Foundation (Amsterdam, Holland, 1993)
- Singapore Art Museum (1994)
- Museum Nasional (Jakarta, Indonesia,1995)
- The Asia Society Galleries (New York, U.S.A 1996)
- Centre for Strategic and International Studies (Jakarta, 1996)
- Indonesia – Japan Friendship Festival (Morioka,Tokyo, 1997)
- ASEAN masterworks (Selangor, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 1997-1998)
- Fukuoka Art Museum (Japan)